For the last Round Up of the year, I would like to share with you an excellent white paper on Mobile Recruitment produced by Mobile Dave.
Here are some highlights from the white paper:
- Based on current growth rates, mobile phones will be the primary tool for internet access by 2013. This growth has been fuelled by the popularity of the iPhone and Android smartphones.
- 2.8 million job seekers in the UK access job listings from a mobile device every month, with 67% looking daily.
- 88% of jobseekers already, or would, search for jobs on their mobile device.
- 33% of all Facebook and 55% of Twitter traffic is via mobile
- On a monthly basis in the UK, Google receives 40 million recruitment related searches from mobile devices.
Whilst the article focuses on the UK and USA markets, the findings outline the importance of mobile as an emerging recruitment platform that should be considered.
Follow this link to download your copy of this report http://mobiledave.me/2011/12/06/free-mobile-recruiting-guide/
I also wanted to share with you the following video which highlights how a little town in Switzerland used Facebook to put the town on the global map.
The Face office will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period from 12pm Friday 23 December to Monday 2 January inclusive. We will re-open on Tuesday 3 January 2012. Our emails will not be monitored during this period however we will be happy to assist with all enquiries on our return.
We’d like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and look forward to working with you in 2012.